Sunday, October 3, 2010

My magazine rack design

Magazine rack on my desk
untitled album 4 - 6
untitled album 4 - 1
Front view
Top view
Top view
untitled album 4 - 7

Side view
Side view

I have finally finished my full scale magazine prototype which will be handed in tomorrow as part of my Object Desing class at uni. I wanted to design a mag rack as I have a subscription to Frankie magazine but had no where to store them. For this assessment, we were required to design a functional household item using predominately up-cycled materials. I found those green mats in an Op Shop for $2. Bargain!! Nobody in the shop seem to know what they were actually used for, so I though they would be great to incorporate into my design. My Dad kindly helped me build the wooded frame out of scrap wood pieces from the hardware shop and the curvy rods that feature at the top and bottom of the rack were cut individually from an old wine rack which I also purchased from the op shop. I am very happy with how it all came together.. and I now have somewhere to store my favorite magazine on my study table :) YAY!!! oh and I Love FRANKIE..

1 comment: